The Lions Club of Tropical Gardens (LCTG) recently held its annual Installation of Officers Ceremony at the Wharf Restaurant, where Lion Jasmine Minott MJF handed over the presidential baton to the club's 27th President, Lion Tonita Powell MJF for the administrative year, which commenced on 1stJuly 2019.
Outgoing President Jasmine Minott MJF gave an account of her stewardship for the July 2018 - June 2019 Lionistic year. During the period, she noted that the club had a remarkable year serving the community and raising awareness in areas such as Diabetes, Breast Cancer and the Environment. The club also conducted vision screening projects and served the elderly and the youth in the community. She also presented awards to members of her board and committee chairpersons and thanked all members for their unwavering support.
Incoming President Lion Tonita Powell MJF pledged to continue the club’s many service projects. The President’s theme for 2019-2020 Is “With Collaboration and Dignity We Will Serve.”
During the change of administration luncheon, Lion Tonita Powell was awarded a Melvin Jones Fellowship, MJF, Lion Norma McField, PMJF was awarded Region Secretary of Year and Lion Nickolas DaCosta received an award of appreciation for being the Zone Chairperson for the Cayman Islands for 2018/2019, both awards were presented on behalf of the Region Chairperson, by a Past District Governor Lion John Edward Ebanks.
The 2019 - 2020 Board of Directors are:
• President - Tonita Powell MJF
• Immediate Past President - Jasmine Minott MJF
• 1st Vice President and Leadership Chairperson - Kareefa Mohammed-Jalim
• 2nd Vice President - Maxine Bravo
• 3rd Vice President - Phillip Laing MJF
• Secretary - Elva Smith, MJF
• Treasurer - Patricia Bazell-Taylor, PMJF
• 1 Year Directors - Andrea Ebanks
• 2 Year Directors - Miriam Ebanks
• Membership Director - Melrose Gooding, MJF
• Program Coordinator - Dr.Belinda Blessit-Vincent, MJF
• Service Chairperson - Wendy Wiltshire, MJF
• Tamer - Ann Hunte MJF
• Tail Twister - Gina Barnes, MJF
• Marketing & Communication Chairperson - Norma McField PMJF
The Lions Club of Tropical Gardens is dedicated to serving the community. If you are service-minded and would liketo be a part of an exciting organization contactus at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lions Clubs International is the largest service club organization in the world. Its 1.35 million members in more than 46,000 clubs are serving communities in 207 countries and geographical areas around the globe. Since 1917, Lions clubs have aided the blind and visually impaired, championed youth initiatives and strengthened local communities through hands-on service and humanitarian projects.