Music lovers from all walks of lie and of all ages enjoyed a night of festive celebration at the Cayman Music and Entertainment Association’s, “A Night with Legends” event at the Lions Center on 6th.
Each year the Music Association hosts the event, which to seeks to pay homage to those who pioneered the Music scene on the Island, with this year’s recipients being the Tornadoes and the Kiemanaires.
Both bands embodied the music of their time and their influence can still be felt in today’s music scene, with many contemporary artists drawing from this reservoir of reference in performance and composition.
The atmosphere on the evening was electric, with performances from prominent acts such as the Regeneration Band, Local Motion 345, featuring Notch and a special appearance from Fab 5.
One of the highlights of the evening was a special impromptu serenade from Cayman’s own “Papie Connolly” who set the tone of the evening with his well known song, “My Caymanian Girl”.
Other notable attendees at the award ceremony for Cayman’s legendary acts included Politician McKeeva Bush and other high ranking officials who danced the night away and enjoyed the sweet sounds of classics throughout the evening.
Kiemaniares members, who contributed to the band’s genesis included:
• Guitarist - Bunny Myles (Musical Icon Awardee)
• Bass guitarist - Calvin Hooker
• Drummmer - Billy Dean
• Drum and vocals - Lloyd Brown
• Drum and Vocals - Vivian Paddyfoot
• Alto Sax: Kenneth - (Ken) Davis
• Tenor Sax - Wesley Howell (Musical Icon Awardee)
• Keyboards: George Wilks
• Vocalists: Papie Conolly, Lloyd Hill and Larry Cayasso
The Tornadoes were initially founded by Drummer: John Burns whilst working at Sea.
The band’s member included:
• Drummer - John Burns - Drummer
• Lead Guitar - McArthur Manderson
• Rhythm Guitar - Lewiston Ebanks
• Bass - Darnley Bryan
• Lead Guitar: Steve Welds
• Rhythm Guitar: Ernie Bodden background vocals
• Michael Hurlston drums and Vocals
• Darnley Bryan bass
• Clifton Papie Conolly Vocals
18 Jun, 2020
28 Mar, 2020
11 Apr, 2020
17 Jul, 2020