They are extremely delicious and packed with an abundance of nutrients. Though small in nature, one will not be able to detect the health benefits of this wonder fruit - MANDARIN. Thought to have originated in China, they are fruits of an evergreen shrub native to Asia. Clementine, Tangor and Satsuma are some of the common varieties that people all over the world enjoy, and here are the reasons why:
1. Research has shown that this exotic fruit can lower the risk of liver cancer. This is because of the high presence of carotenoids, and vitamin A.
2. They are packed with high levels of vitamin C, renowned for numerous health benefits. This vitamin helps fight a number of unstable molecules in our bodies called free radicals. The antioxidants present disarm free radicals and prevent cellular damage.
3. They also help lower blood pressure as they contain high levels of potassium which aids in lowering the pressure. It keeps the blood flow smoothly along through the arteries, thereby lowering the pressure.
4. The fruit also aids significantly in weight loss as it is packed with fiber. Fiber rich foods keep the stomach fuller for a longer period of time. Doctors have found that consuming this fruit regularly has an effect on lowering insulin.
5. Regular intake of this juice aids the healthy nature of the skin. Its antioxidants protect the skin from the UV rays, and help the skin to resist the damage caused by free radicals. It has also been shown to reduce ageing features such as wrinkles, fine lines and blemishes.
My family and I especially our son enjoys this fruit on a regular basis. Just peel off the skin, and there you have one of the healthiest and most delicious fruit. So, at this time make sure it’s a must when you check in at the supermarket.
24 Sep, 2019
25 Feb, 2020
28 Jun, 2019
18 Nov, 2019
We appreciate your feedback. You can comment here with your pseudonym or real name. You can leave a comment with or without entering an email address. All comments will be reviewed before they are published.