The Cayman Islands Ministry of Tourism and Ports is pleased to announce that the application period for the annual Ministry of Tourism Scholarship Programme is now open.
Persons who have an interest in pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in an approved tourism or tourism-related discipline and who demonstrate a need for financial assistance are invited to apply. Scholarship awards are valued up to a maximum of CI$30,000 per annum, for up to 4 years of study.
For the past 27 years, this programme has attracted and supported a steady stream of enthusiastic Caymanian students who have contributed to the development and prosperity of the Cayman Islands’ tourism sector. The Ministry of Tourism Scholarship provides students with access to a strong educational foundation and the skills which will help them successfully enter and advance to their highest desired level within the tourism industry.
The Minister for Tourism, the Honourable Kenneth Bryan remarked, “The positive impact of the Cayman Islands tourism sector is felt in every area of our society. For this reason, it is imperative that we invest in its future. It is the Ministry of Tourism’s goal to increase Caymanian participation in the tourism industry. This scholarship programme is just one of the many avenues of assistance we offer to support the success of the next generation of tourism employees, and to safeguard the long-term sustainability and viability of tourism as a source of income and career satisfaction for our people.”
To be eligible for this scholarship, Candidates must meet the following criteria:
• Be Caymanian and 17 years of age or older;
• Have proof of having resided in the Cayman Islands for 5 years prior to application for the Ministry of Tourism Scholarship e.g., a letter from the most recent school attended or letter from current or parent’s employer is required.;
• Produce proof of acceptance at a regionally accredited institution ranked competitive or higher;
• Be studying a programme in tourism or a tourism-related field;
• Be in good health and of good character. Two-character references are required: one academic and one from a non-relative should be submitted with the application.
The deadline for applications is Wednesday, January 31, 2024.
To download the Ministry of Tourism Scholarship application visit www.caymanislands.ky/motscholarship . For further information about the Ministry of Tourism scholarship please contact the scholarship team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 949-0623.