As of 22 March 2021, quarantine requirements for vaccinated travellers arriving into the Cayman Islands will be reduced from 14 days to 10 days, with an exit test on day 11.
To be considered fully vaccinated, travellers must:
• Have been vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before arrival in the Cayman Islands (or prior to entering quarantine if they are an occupant).
• Have completed a full course of one of the following vaccines approved by major public health organisations:
d. Johnson & Johnson
To expedite the new process, the Travel Cayman portal will be enhanced to enable travellers to specify if they have been vaccinated, at which point provisional approval can be granted. In the interim, while the portal is modified, Travel Cayman will contact all travellers via email three days prior to their flight departure to enquire as to whether they qualify for 10-day quarantine.
On arrival to the Cayman Islands vaccinated travellers will be required to present their original vaccine certificate for authentication. In cases where the traveller intends to quarantine at a residence with non-travellers, everyone who will be in isolation with the traveller will be required to provide a vaccination certificate to be eligible for the reduced quarantine period. If eligible, the entire household will be required to quarantine for a minimum period of 10 days.
Obtaining a false vaccination certificate is an offence. If a person presents a false vaccination certificate they will be liable, on conviction, to a fine of $10,000 and to imprisonment for two years. The following conditions also apply for travellers to qualify for the reduced quarantine time:
• Must receive a negative PCR test within 72 hours of travel. All travellers are required to retain their pre-arrival PCR test results until they have been cleared by the Medical Officer of Health and off-boarded by the Travel Cayman team.
• Must receive a negative PCR test upon arrival in the Cayman Islands
• Upon completion of the quarantine period, travellers will be required to test negative for COVID-19 before being released from quarantine.
Persons who have not been vaccinated will be required to quarantine for 14 days, and take a PCR exit test on day 15. Until children are eligible for the vaccine, adults travelling with children will have to continue to quarantine for 14 days.
27 Jan, 2020
15 Sep, 2021
15 Sep, 2021
15 Sep, 2021