82 F Clouds
Tuesday, Dec 01 2020, 09:55 AM
Close Ad
Back To Listing

APARTMENT COMPLEX UNDER CONTAINMENT AMID MORE COVID-19 WARNINGS

Local News 13 Apr, 2020 Follow News

APARTMENT COMPLEX UNDER CONTAINMENT AMID MORE COVID-19 WARNINGS

APARTMENT COMPLEX UNDER CONTAINMENT AMID MORE COVID-19 WARNINGS

With a warning of the grim reality of mass graves in countries with a severe COVID-19 outbreak, Chief Medical Officer Dr John Lee on Monday sent a strong message urging people to adhere to the ongoing restrictions on public gathering.

He was at the time giving his daily update on the extent of the disease in the islands.

One of the main announcements given by the CMO was that a containment area had been put in place around an apartment complex in George Town after one resident had to be ordered into isolation in a government-supervised facility.

A risk assessment is being undertaken on the property to determine if there’s any incidence of the spread of COVID-1 among the residents of the complex.

An extensive contact-tracing is being carried out following standard procedures among residents and persons who might have visited the complex.

That development is of particular concern to the government with Hon. Premier Alden McLaughlin warning that that developing and the issues surrounding it “should make everyone extremely concerned.”

It the first time that the authorities have had to take such a drastic public health safety measure under the current COVID-19 curtailment initiatives.

Meanwhile, of the 44 results given on Monday, just one was positive bringing the total of confirmed COVID-19 cases to 54.

The individual had recently travelled and is determined to have picked up the virus overseas.

The other 43 results reported on Monday were negative and bring the total negative outcomes to 526.

There are 67 persons currently in isolation including the individual who was ordered into quarantine today from the apartment complex under containment.

The government has also confirmed that a ban on all beach activity comes into effect immediately.

Police Commissioner Derek Byrne said all public beaches will be closed for the remaining period of the current alternating hard and soft curfew until April 17th at 5am.

He said while there has been generally good cooperation by most of the public there was nonetheless a continuing concern that “the risk of a serious hazard resulting from public gathering remains to high.”


Comments (0)

We appreciate your feedback. You can comment here with your pseudonym or real name. You can leave a comment with or without entering an email address. All comments will be reviewed before they are published.

* Denotes Required Inputs