General Registry is helping members of the public access birth, death and marriage certificates in the face of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
General Registry, the department within the Ministry of Financial Services which oversees this area, will resume issuing hard copies of the certificates on Wednesday, 6 May. The process is as follows:
• When ordering the certificates, please select the “Hold for Pickup” option.
• The applicant will be contacted via email or phone when the certificates are ready for collection. Please ensure that you have entered a valid phone number and/or email.
• Certificates must be paid for online using a debit or credit card. Cash or check payment upon pickup cannot be accommodated at this time.
• Once contacted, certificates can be collected from the Government Administration Building between the hours of 9:00am and 3:00pm, Monday through Friday.
• To collect your certificates, park on the roundabout by the security booth at the Government Administration Building. Please stay in your car and call 244-3101 or 244-3103.
• A security officer will deliver your certificate to you at the roundabout.
• The alphabetical restrictions in force by the “Shelter in Place” provisions will apply.
Marriage officers should email firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line ‘MARRIAGE REGISTRATION’, for specific instructions on how to file their marriage events.
The Cayman Islands Government is considering legislation to tweak the registration process for new-born children wherein registrations can be legally done via electronic means. Once the legislation has been approved, the resulting changes will be communicated to the public.