His Excellency the Governor Mr. Martyn Roper, OBE, chaired the meeting of the Cabinet held on Tuesday, 12th October, 2021 in the Cabinet Conference Room, Government Administration Building.
All Ministers and Members of Cabinet were present.
At this meeting Cabinet:
• approved creation of new Equity Investment output EI 88 – Parliament and transfer of funds from EA-141 to EI-88 in the amount of $243,765 in accordance with Section 11 (5) and 11 (6) of the Public Management and Finance Act (2020 Revision);
• approved issuance of a Coastal Works Permit for Block 80A Parcel 58, subject to conditions outlined by the Department of Environment’s Technical Committee;
• approved for the following companies to make application to the Grand Court for restoration to the Cayman Islands Register of Companies, subject to payment of all outstanding fees and penalties: CHEPSTOW HOLDINGS LTD and CARIB LAND HOLDINGS LIMITED;
• noted and approved for submission to the Parliament the 2019 and 2020 Human Resources Annual Reports;
• approved applications for appointment as Notaries Public for the following persons: Barbara N Bodden, Yeaneka C. Gordon-Lee, Priscilla A. Jackson, Laura M. McGeaver, Alisha M. Racz and Abby P. Rainford;
• approved rescinding supplementary funding previously granted under Section 11, that had previously been approved by Finance Committee under Section 12 of the Public Management and Finance Act (2020 Revision) for the following:
— increase of TP 30 – Local and Overseas Scholarships by $1,015,000;
— increase of TP 30 – Local and Overseas Scholarships by $163,500; and
— increase of EGA 8 – Facilities Maintenance and Operational School Support Services by $3,100,996;
• approved import duty waiver of all brands of SARS CoV-2 Antigen detecting Rapid Diagnostic Tests “Covid-19 Lateral Flow Tests” that are approved by the Health Services Authority of the Cayman Islands or the Chief Medical Officer;
• approved the Immigration (Transition) (Amendment) Act, 2021 (Commencement) Order, 2021;
• approved the revised National Maritime Strategy and Terms of Reference for the National Maritime Strategy III Code Compliance 2021 Working Group.
24 Sep, 2019
25 Feb, 2020
28 Jun, 2019
18 Nov, 2019
We appreciate your feedback. You can comment here with your pseudonym or real name. You can leave a comment with or without entering an email address. All comments will be reviewed before they are published.