Cayman Airways Limited (CAL) is advising the public that a repatriation flight from Grand Cayman to La Ceiba, Honduras, has been confirmed for Monday May 4, 2020, in partnership with the Cayman Islands Government.
Flight KX3882 is scheduled to depart Owen Roberts International Airport (ORIA) on Grand Cayman at 12pm and arrive at Golosón International Airport (LCE) at 12:25pm La Ceiba time.
A return flight, KX3883, will depart La Ceiba at 1:25pm and arrive on Grand Cayman at 2:50pm (Cayman time), for a limited number of Caymanians and Permanent Residents wishing to return home.
The following connecting flight from the Sister Islands will be available for those in Cayman Brac or Little Cayman who wish to travel on the repatriation flight to La Ceiba: flight KX4331 departs Little Cayman for Cayman Brac at 9:45am, arriving at 9:55am. The flight then departs the Brac at 10:10am and arrives on Grand Cayman at 10:50am, in time for the 12pm departure to La Ceiba.
Persons travelling to Honduras must be Honduran nationals. Passengers are responsible for ensuring that they have the necessary travel documents for entry into any foreign country. Additionally, the Honduran Government is requiring that passengers travelling to Honduras on flight KX3882 provide a medical certificate from a local doctor confirming that they are not exhibiting any symptoms of Coronavirus (COVID-19). This certificate must be presented at check-in for their flight. Passengers who do not present a medical certificate will not be able to travel.
All passengers arriving in Grand Cayman from Honduras are required by the Cayman Islands Government to be transported directly to a Government quarantine facility, where they must stay for 14 days.
Passengers (except infants) will be allowed two free checked bags up to 55lbs per bag (not exceeding linear dimensions of 62 inches per bag), plus one carry-on bag not exceeding 11" x 16" x 24". Passengers who expect to have additional bags must prepay for excess bags at the time of booking. Passengers’ first two bags will travel confirmed, but any excess bags will be travelling space-available and may take several weeks to reach the passenger should baggage space not be available on the repatriation flight.
Pets will not be allowed on this repatriation flight to Honduras.
Health and Safety Measures
Various measures will be in place for the health and safety of passengers and crew, including:
• Middle seats will be left empty
• No Business Class seats will be sold or assigned
• All passengers must present at check-in and boarding with their own face mask, which they must wear for the duration of the flight
• CAL airport staff will be wearing protective gear for the check-in and boarding process, and check-in counters will be sanitized frequently during the check-in process
• Social distancing rules will be enforced for the boarding process (6-foot spacing between each passenger)
• One-way tickets for these flights will be available for purchase online at www.caymanairways.com or by calling Cayman Airways Reservations on 345-949-2311 or 1-800-2791-9422 (toll free in Honduras) between 9am and 6pm weekdays
• Only credit or debit cards will be taken over the phone for bookings
• Passengers with existing tickets for travel to and from Honduras will be able to use them for these repatriation flights
18 Jun, 2020
28 Mar, 2020
11 Apr, 2020
17 Jul, 2020