The Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS) is holding its Older Persons Month George Town Walkabout on Saturday, 21 November 2020 from noon to 4 pm.
The intergenerational event, which was postponed in October due to inclement weather, encourages older persons to take the tour with friends and family and has following route:
• GT Public Library – Register for walkabout and listen to local storytellers, watch Life Stories videos
• Constitution Hall – Musical entertainment
• Wall of History & Heroes Square – View historical monuments and talk with youngsters about past events
• Elmslie Memorial Church – Guided tour, Olive Miller display, place prayers requests on prayer tree
• GT Post Office – Send postcards and mail to family
• CI National Museum - Looky Ya, 4-8pm - Traditional & specialty vendors, exhibition opening, tour, cassava cake competition, live music, performances and traditional attire competition.
Older persons are asked to take along some form of photo identification as it will entitle them to complimentary refreshments.
For further details, call the DCFS at 949-0290.
The COVID 19 vaccines have arrived. Will you take the Vaccine?