The unrelenting upward creep continues in the number of people testing positive for COVID-19 in the Cayman Islands.
The daily update for Sunday April 5th showed that another four persons have tested positive bringing the total to 39.
In all 46 results were reported on Sunday with 16 showing negative results.
According to Chief Medical Officer Dr John Lee, of the additional four persons who have tested positive, three are said to have had contact with a person who had previously tested positive.
The other individual had previously travelled abroad.
Sunday’s results show that 365 persons have been tested of which 326 returned negative results.
Regarding the sole case on Cayman Brac which was reported on Saturday, Dr Lee said that person’s contacts have been isolated and 11 persons have been tested.
The person on Cayman Brac who has been confirmed with the virus is said to be doing well.
He had previously reported that of the other persons who have tested positive all but one of the individuals are in good health, except for one person who has been hospitalised.
There was one other case, the first in the territory, in which the patient, a visitor, died in hospital.
Dr Lee again stressed the need for the public to adhere to the stay at home policy and be vigilant in practicing all the advice to keep the virus from spreading further.