The Department of Vehicle and Drivers’ Licensing (DVDL) wishes to advise the public of precautionary measures and changes that the Department has implemented to ensure the safety and health of employees, customers and the public in general.
• Effective today, Thursday, March 19, 2020, all driving/road tests will be suspended until further notice. The Department will contact all persons with appointments and reschedule tests for a later date.
• As of 12:00 p.m. Thursday, March 19, 2020, all 3 locations on Grand Cayman will no longer accept walk in customers. A Drop-box system will be in place for vehicle and driver’s license renewals as well as all other paper-based transactions.
– Drop box system is available at the Crewe Road, West Bay and Breakers locations.
– Documents must be placed in a sealed envelope with applicant’s name, telephone, email information and postal address.
– Cheque payments made payable to the Cayman Islands Government will be accepted and credit card, debit card transactions will be made over the phone.
– No cash transaction will be accepted at this time.
• Inspections with restricted procedures – Inspections will continue at the Crewe Road and Breakers locations under the following guidelines:
– Driver to remain in vehicle
– Inspector will carry out inspection of undercarriage
– Inspector will take documents from driver, process and return to driver
– Driver/Owner can then use online or drop box to complete the license renewal.
While these options remain available at this time, the Department will continue to assess and make changes, where necessary.
DVDL encourages customer to use the online options available to renew vehicle and driver’s licence via DVDL’s website at www.dvdl.gov.ky or through the e-services portal www.eservices.gov.ky. Persons experiencing issues can call the DVDL’s helpdesk at (345) 945-8344 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
24 Sep, 2019
25 Feb, 2020
28 Jun, 2019
18 Nov, 2019
We appreciate your feedback. You can comment here with your pseudonym or real name. You can leave a comment with or without entering an email address. All comments will be reviewed before they are published.