The Chamber of Commerce’s 2021 Careers Expo is expected to bring over 500 students and school leavers to the University College of the Cayman Islands’ (UCCI) Sir Vassel Johnson Hall on Friday, March 5.
The Expo opens to the public at 10 a.m. Attendees will have an opportunity to speak with 38 businesses and organisations that are presenting scholarship, education, internship, and career opportunities.
“The Careers Expo is the largest event of its kind held annually and enables students and the public to meet with leading public and private sector employers and organisations from all industry sectors. Exhibitors showcase career, scholarship, training, tertiary education, internship, work experience and employment opportunities. It is an excellent opportunity for students and school leavers to meet directly with exhibitors and to learn what is available under one roof,” said Chamber CEO, Wil Pineau.
Several businesses and organisations will promote scholarships, internships, apprenticeships, and work placements while others will showcase career opportunities and provide information about the preferred course of study to enter an industry or technical field.
Butterfield, Health City Cayman Islands, Cayman Islands Health Services Authority, Doctors Hospital, University College of the Cayman Islands, WORC, Cayman Islands Development Bank, Maples Group and Kimpton Seafire Resort + Spa have all reserved prominent positions in the hall.
The Chamber would like to thank all the following exhibitors for participating in this year’s expo:
• Cayman Islands Development Bank (CIDB)
• Doctors Hospital
• Cayman Islands Health Services Authority
• Health City Cayman Islands
• Kimpton Seafire Resort + Spa
• Maples Group
• University College of the Cayman Islands (UCCI)
• Workforce Opportunities and Residency Cayman (WORC)
Reception / Opening Ceremony Sponsors:
• Kirk Information Solutions & Services
• SteppingStones Recruitment Ltd.
• Carey Olsen
• Caribbean Utilities Company Ltd.
• Cayman Enterprise City
• Cayman First Insurance
• Cayman Islands Department of Tourism
• Cayman Islands Institute of Professional Accountants (CIIPA)
• Cayman Islands Monetary Authority (CIMA)
• Cayman Maritime
• Cayman National Bank
• Department of Public Safety Communications
• Insurance Managers Association of Cayman
• International College of the Cayman Islands
• National Gallery of the Cayman Islands
• Nova Recruitment / Connect by Nova
• Rawlinson & Hunter
• Rotary Central Cayman Islands
• Rubis Cayman Islands Limited
• The Ritz Carlton, Grand Cayman
• Water Authority – Cayman
• Wyndham Reef Resort
• YMCA of the Cayman Islands