The Cayman Islands Health Services Authority Pharmacy has launched a WhatsApp service allowing members of the public requiring prescription refills to submit them via WhatsApp for next day pick up across all HSA pharmacies. Persons utilizing this service are to take a photo of their prescription label and send it to 925-6534 (Grand Cayman) and 916-9555 (Sister Islands).
The Cayman Islands Hospital Pharmacy has new hours of operation 7am – 5:30pm Monday – Friday and 8:00am – 5:30pm Saturday & Sunday to accommodate the Government’s mandatory island-wide curfew. Over the coming days an alternative collection point for refills will be announced to help reduce the amount of persons needing to come to the main pharmacy.
“We have seen a spike in demand due to new guidance issued calling for social distancing and self-isolation,” said Colin Medford, HSA Chief Pharmacist. “Similar to the protocol practiced during hurricane season, we are able to dispense one month of medication at a time and in most cases, persons with available refills, who have not received these medications in the past two weeks, can request an extra month’s supply.”
We encourage persons who require a refill to avail of our refill resources in order reduce their need to travel or wait in line in public spaces.”
Prescriptions refill options:
• Phone – Call 244-2715 or 244-2716
• WhatsApp - send a photo of your prescription label to the pharmacy is now 925-6534 (Grand Cayman) and 916-9555 (Sister Islands)
• Online - fill out the online form on the HSA website www.hsa.ky
• Dropbox - refill drop box service is located outside of the Cayman Islands Hospital Pharmacy
• In person (same day refill)
• Civil Servants at the Government Administration Building can call request refills which are delivered daily (Monday – Friday) to GAB
• Refills can also be called into the General Practice Clinic 244-7520 or 244-7683.
All refills will be ready within 24 hours.
If you have a new prescription, these can be submitted in the in person for same day pick up or in the drop box for next day pick-up.
If you require a new prescription, please contact your doctor. Doctors may fax prescriptions to 244-2714 or email email@example.com
District Health Centre pharmacy locations which were previously opened until 8pm will now close at 5:00pm For more information and hours of operation visit www.hsa.ky
The COVID 19 vaccines have arrived. Will you take the Vaccine?