The Cayman Islands Government will commemorate the life of the late John Bonwell McLean, OBE, JP, MLA with the following official public observances:
Monday, 9 September 2019
• The official lying-in-state at the Legislative Assembly Building from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m.
* Members of the Legislative Assembly will lead off the procession followed by Mr. McLean’s family.
* Government leaders, civil servants and members of the public will be able to pay their last respects to Mr McLean.
Tuesday, 10 September 2019
• The official funeral service for Mr McLean will be held at the Cayman Islands Baptist Church in Savannah.
* The church is located at 163 Pedro Castle Road
* The service will begin at 3 p.m.
Mr McLean will receive full official honours with the draping of the Cayman Islands flag on the casket, which will be guarded by a two-person team from the uniformed services.
For the lying-in-state and the official funeral there will be a uniformed Guard of Honour and vigil. This will be comprised of a mixed contingent from the Royal Cayman Islands Police Services (RCIPS), the Cayman Islands Fire Services (CIFS) and Her Majesty’s Cayman Islands Prison Service (HMCIPS). The Bearer Party (Pallbearers) will be made up of personnel from the RCIPS.
As a sign of respect, the Cayman Islands flag will fly at half-mast at all Government building locations on Monday and Tuesday, (9-10 September).
Condolence books are also available for interested members of the public to sign during business hours at the Government Administration Building, the Legislative Assembly Building and the East End Post Office until Monday, 9 September 2019.