The International Institute of Communication (IIC) is a global policy debating platform for the converged communications industry, offering innovators and regulators a forum to explore, debate, and agree on the best policies and regulatory frameworks for the widest societal benefit.
At OfReg, we are excited to invite all young professionals from Cayman to participate in the IIC's Future Leaders' Competition, a forum to promote the rising stars of our sector. We want to hear from those aged 35 or younger, working within the technology, media and telecom (TMT) sector.
This year, IIC is asking entrants to produce a report on the following subject:
“What principles should guide policy-makers in designing local and international approaches for internet intermediaries in the evolving communications environment? Internet intermediaries such as digital platforms have been entitled, under national and regional laws, to protection from liability for content posted by others. This level of protection is being challenged – and defended – around the world as governments consider intersecting policy objectives such as freedom of speech and protection from harms. What principles should guide policy-makers in designing local and international approaches for the evolving communications environment?”
The overall winner will receive:
• An invitation to present their winning entry at the Annual Conference (subject to current travel advice) with all expenses paid and £250 subsistence
• Their winning entry to be promoted in IIC’s journal, on social media channels and in email communications to IIC members and supporters.
• The top 10 entries will be published online and the submission from the overall winner will be published in the IIC’s journal, InterMedia, which is distributed to all IIC Members and beyond.
• The top 10 entries also receive a year’s complimentary Membership to the IIC Future Leaders’ Network, which includes access to the IIC’s networks and resources.
• 12th April 2021 – Competition opened for submissions
• 3rd July 2021 – Final deadline for submissions by 1600 GMT
• 24th September 2021– Winner announced
“At OfReg, our commitment is to facilitate avenues to develop Cayman’s Digital Economy further. The Cayman Islands has an enormous potential of becoming a Centre of Innovative Excellence. We want to encourage our youth to take advantage of these opportunities and look for new or more streamlined ways to innovate, particularly in the digital space. This competition provides global exposure to our ambitious young professionals. With so much talent within Cayman, we hope to encourage submissions from across the digital ecosystem.” – Sonji Myles. (Acting) Executive Director of ICT at OfReg.
More information about the competition is available on our website www.ofreg.ky and at https://www.iicom.org/future-leaders-competition-2021/
We look forward to welcoming entries from the next generation and supporting the leaders of the future. Please submit your entry directly to email@example.com
27 Jan, 2020
15 Sep, 2021
15 Sep, 2021
15 Sep, 2021