90 F Clouds
Monday, Jul 22 2024, 03:51 PM
Close Ad
Back To Listing

Serious Motor Vehicle Collision results in one fatality

Law Enforcement 04 Sep, 2019 Follow News

Serious Motor Vehicle Collision results in one fatality

Just after 12:20 on Sunday morning, 1 September, police officers on Bodden Town Road east of the Bodden Town Police Station observed a dark coloured vehicle pass them heading in the direction of George Town, travelling at a high rate of speed and driving in a reckless manner. The officers activated flashing lights and observed the vehicle turning onto Anton Bodden Drive, overtaking 3 other vehicles that were ahead of it. The driver then lost control of the vehicle and collided into the last of the 3 vehicles that it was overtaking in the vicinity of Belford Estates.

Officers soon arrived at the location of the collision and came alongside the driver of the vehicle who had managed to regain control of the vehicle, instructing him to stop. The driver disregarded the officers’ instructions, and sped off along Anton Bodden Drive, heading towards Condor Road. The officers briefly followed the vehicle in an effort to ascertain its license plate number but soon lost sight of it while still on Anton Bodden Road. Upon reaching the junction of Shamrock Road and Condor Road, the officers were stopped and spoken to by a member of the public who informed them that they saw a vehicle speeding and heading in the direction of George Town.

The officers travelled along Shamrock Road in an effort to locate the vehicle, checking side roads from the main road along the way. During their patrol, in the vicinity of Northward Road, another member of the public stopped the police vehicle and informed the officers that there had been a collision in the vicinity of Doubloon Drive. The officers arrived on the scene and observed that a vehicle had collided with a wall in the vicinity of Doubloon Drive. This was the same vehicle that had been involved in the earlier collision on Anton Bodden Drive.

Two male occupants were inside the vehicle. One of the men appeared to have been severely injured and an ambulance was called immediately. First-aid was rendered to the occupants at the location until the arrival of EMS. Both occupants were transported to the hospital by ambulance, with the severely injured man being in critical condition.

At about 6:15AM on Tuesday, police were informed that the occupant of the vehicle who had been in critical condition, a man age 27 of George Town, had succumbed to his injuries and had been pronounced dead.

A 25-year-old-man from George Town has since been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving and other traffic related offenses. The man remains in custody pending further police investigation.

Comments (0)

We appreciate your feedback. You can comment here with your pseudonym or real name. You can leave a comment with or without entering an email address. All comments will be reviewed before they are published.

* Denotes Required Inputs