To provide further clarity around social distancing requirements in restaurants and bars, Cabinet today published more details pertaining specifically to those businesses.
The updated Control and Management of Covid-19 (Amendment) Regulations 2021 regulations specify that:
• Restaurants and bars may offer indoor and outdoor services, subject to the owner or operator satisfying the following conditions:
* Tables must be at least six feet apart;
* Notwithstanding social distancing requirements laid out elsewhere in the regulations, people from different households may be seated at the same table in a restaurant or bar;
* Servers and front of house staff must wear masks or cloth face coverings while serving customers;
* Owners and operators of any establishment found in breach of these regulations are liable on conviction to a fine of KYD10,000 and to imprisonment for up to two years.
The amendment regulations come into force immediately.