General Registry is adopting interim measures to assist members of the public register new-born babies during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
As of Thursday, 28 May, General Registry (the department within the Ministry of Financial Services which oversees this area) will implement an appointment system to complete the registration of new-borns. The process is as follows:
• Parents of new-born children will be contacted and information verified over the phone
• Parents will then be given a time to attend the Government Administration Building (GAB) to sign the registration documents
• Where possible, out of an abundance of caution, parents should not bring their new-born(s) or other children with them for the appointment
• Being on time for the appointment is important, if persons run behind schedule they must call the number provided by the Registrar to re-schedule (there will be no exceptions)
• Based on current COVID-19 protocols, persons must ensure they are wearing masks before entering the building or else they will be denied entry
• Persons with an appointment should go to the front entrance of the GAB and a member of the security team will direct them from there
Persons should not visit the GAB if they were not given an appointment as entry will be denied.
In navigating this arrangement, General Registry is reaching out to parents based off of the contact details provided by the hospitals where the babies are born. Therefore, it is vitally important that parents give the most accurate and current contact information to their hospitals.
In addition, only the registration of new-born children is being processed in this manner. The receipt of hard copies for all birth certificates, as well as marriage and death certificates, continues to be done through the previously announced policy of online ordering and curb side pick-up. Details on this policy can be found on the General Registry website.
People are finding ways to get more value for their Money. Do you prefer to shop online at overseas vendors such as Amazon?