• Latest Impact Status Re: Hurricane Dorian
• Grand Bahama and Abaco and Cays Severely Impacted
• Nassau, Paradise Island, and Other Bahamas Islands Escape Major Damage, Most Hotels Open Which Are Normally Open
• Nassau’s Lynden Pindling International Airport Open
• Closed Bahamas Airports: Abaco Marsh Harbour and Abaco Treasure Cay; Grand Bahamas (Freeport Int’l); Andros Fresh Creek; and Bimini Int’l Airport.
• Open Bahamas Airport: Other than those above which are closed, all other international airports in The Bahamas are open including: Exuma, Eleuthera, South Andros, Nassau, Cat Island, Long Island, Inagua, San Salvador.
• Massive Emergency Relief and Long-Term Support Will Be Essential for Grand Bahama and Abaco
Dorian Impact Status – September 2, 2019, 11:00 a.m.
Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands and the Eastern Caribbean quickly returned to normal following the passage of then Tropical Storm Dorian. Except for the main islands of Grand Bahama, Abaco and its Cays in The Bahamas, which has experienced severe damage, the entire Caribbean is fully open for business. Nassau and Paradise Islands have escaped a direct hit from the storm and all hotels are open which are usually open at this time, as is the Linden Pindling International Airport.
We have been in constant contact with officials from The Bahamas and are awaiting word on the best mechanisms for channeling immediate emergency assistance. CHTA is activating a long-term recovery initiative which we plan to have in place by tomorrow. Details on how you can support immediate emergency relief efforts will be provided as soon as we’ve received them from the Bahamas Hotel and Tourism Association, which is working with the Government of The Bahamas on the coordination of relief efforts.
Visit our 2019 Weather Related Activity Update page on on the CHTA website for status reports on destinations in the storm’s path, including the latest from The Bahamas, and links to major airlines serving the Caribbean through South Florida to monitor cancellations and delays.
14 Sep, 2021
07 Sep, 2021
15 Sep, 2021